The Mountainview Christian Reformed Church of Grimsby exists to serve and glorify
God through the faithful communication of His Word of life, that we may joyfully
worship the God we love, have a strong bond of Christian fellowship within the
church, and be equipped for ministry to others.
- In the area of Worship, we will gather joyfully in the worship of God to celebrate His
grace in ways meaningful to young and old, using the various gifts that are present in
- In the area of Fellowship, we will make a systematic and continuing effort to help
every member feel accepted in our church. We will make a special effort to draw in
members living on the edges of congregational life, and we will give new members
every opportunity to become real partners in our fellowship.
- In the area of Member Care, we will strive to make our church the healing and caring
community the Lord wants it to be. We will develop an awareness of all the special
needs of our members and seek to support and integrate anyone with physical,
emotional, social, financial, or spiritual needs.
- In the area of Education/Equipping, we will have a program of instruction for all
members of every age group. We will use the best resources and tools to help our
people live for Christ thankfully and obediently in all areas of life.
- In the area of Evangelism, we will reach out into the community with services and
programs designed to meet the needs of our neighbours. We will encourage and
enable one another to witness.
- In the area of Social Action, we will help our members become aware of social issues
about which our church cannot be silent. We will assist our people to actively
promote Biblical justice.
- In the area of Mission Support, we will seek to be informed about what God is doing
in the world through the mission work of His church. We will be faithful in giving
prayerful and financial support to our missionaries who have been sent out in the
name of our Lord.
- In the area of Leadership, we will honour, support, and assist all those who are called
to lead us. We will encourage every leader among us to develop his or her special
gift to lead.
- In the area of Resources/Facilities, we will be good stewards. We will help our
members be faithful in their giving, and we will maintain facilities that are attractive,
functional and adequate for our congregation to carry out its ministry and to plan for