June 24, 2018
ACTS OF FAITH AND PROCLAMATION
“IN CHRIST ALONE”
1. The Kingdom Mission is not without c________ and c____________.
“Certain people came down from Judea to Antioch and were teaching The believers: “Unless you are circumcised, according to the customs of Moses, you cannot be saved.” Acts 15:1
How does Mountainview keep God’s Missions front and c________?
2. The Early Judeo/Christian Church discovers grace alone as c______.
“No! We believe that it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.” Acts 15:11
Where do our c_________ make it difficult for people to receive salvation?
3. The apostle James was the one whose heart seems to be c__________.
“It is my judgement, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God.” Acts 15:19
What is it in our hearts that we need to c___________.
“When Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.” Galatians 2:11,12
4. Weekly worship and God’s word preached, must remain c__________.
“Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals, and from blood. For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.” Acts 15:20,21
Small Group Questions:
1. Can you think of good things about sharp disputes?
2. How does Mountainview try and keep missions “front and center in what we do?”
3. How did Paul and Barnabas and the “circumcision group” settle their dispute?
4. How was the call of reaching out to the Gentiles made real for Peter? Acts 15:7,8.
5. What customs do we have today that make it hard for new people to open their hearts to the gospel? Acts 15:10.
6. How was the heart of the Apostle James converted?
7. In what ways do we need to have our hearts changed towards those who have not yet heard?
8. Why is it so important for churches to keep Sunday worship and preaching constant?