February 25, 2018
THE SEVEN LAST WORDS
“Today You Will Be With Me”
Luke 23:35-43 NIV
1. Pontius Pilate ordered three crucifixions outside Jerusalem as s________.
2. The “King of the Jews” sign in three languages was mounted in c__________.
3. Jesus understood himself to fulfill Isaiah’s s____________ s____________.
Luke 22:37 Isaiah 53:12
4. Choosing to view Christ in your own light is the greater s_____.
“Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!” Luke 23:39
5. One of the two thieves recognizes Jesus as the source of s_____________.
“Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Luke 23:40,41.
6. Jesus is revealed as both S__________, and Lord and King of his kingdom. Luke 23:43
Small Group Questions:
1. What could be some reasons why Pontius Pilate was fed-up with the Jews?
2. Why do you suppose Pontius Pilate made a sign saying “The King of the Jews?”
3. Read Isaiah 53:1-12 and see how Jesus fulfilled the words in this chapter.
4. What are ways that people understand Jesus today?
a) a good man
b) a wise prophet of his day
c) a Rabbi and profound teacher
d) a great friend
e) a Messiah, Savior and Redeemer
f) Lord of Lord and King of Kings
5. In what ways are we getting what we deserve?
6. How does placing our faith in Jesus invite you into his kingdom?
7. How do these second words of Jesus give you peace?