July 29, 2018
ACTS OF FAITH AND PROCLAMATION
“FREED FROM PRISONS”
1. There are people who p___________ to be free but are living in bondage.
“These men are servants of the Most High God, telling you the way to be saved.” “These men are Jews and are throwing our city into an uproar by advocating customs unlawful for us Romans to accept or practice.” Acts 16:20,21.
2. There are people who look to be imprisoned and find themselves at p_______.
“About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.” Acts 16:25
3. There is p________ in the transforming name of Jesus and freedom in his word.
“The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He brought then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” Acts 16:29,30
“If you hold to my word, you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31
4. The continued vision and mission of Jesus gives Paul boldness to meet the magistrates.
“After Paul and Silas came out of the prison, they went to Lydia’s house, where they met with the bothers and sisters and encouraged them. Then they left.” Acts 16:40
Where are you presently living in bondage, boxed in, as if in a p__________?
Give yourself over to Jesus, experiencing his grace and be p__________.
Where do you sense the Lord giving you boldness to connect with other believers?
Small Group Questions
1. Have you ever felt annoyed at someone’s proclamation of the truth?
2. Have you ever been in a work place situation where someone felt like they owned you?
3. Has the “name of Jesus” ever released you from a burden, addiction or evil spirit?
4. In what difficult place have you experienced a “peace that passes all understanding?”
5. Where have you helped someone answer the question “What must I do to be saved?”
6. In what area do you need to have a burden lift, chains fallen off, or set free from prison?
7. What bold move can you make in gathering with fellow believers for encouragement?