September 16, 2018
“Being Transformed by the Love of Jesus”
1. Being transformed by the love of Jesus often starts with r_____________.
“From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” Matthew 4:17
“Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature:…” Col.3:5,6.
“But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these:…” Col.3:8,9.
2. Being transformed by the love of Jesus has us receive Jesus as our r__________.
“Not everyone who says to me, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. “ Matthew 7:21
The transformation in Christian Spirituality moves from the inside, out.
3. Being transformed by the love of Jesus has us surrender to his r_________.
“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set you minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.” Colossians 3:1-3
The transforming love of Jesus constantly aims at the heart.
4. Being transformed by the love of Jesus has us grow in r_______________.
“Therefore, as God’s chose people, holy and early loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues out on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” Col.3:12,13,14.
The transforming love of Jesus is a life long journey.
5. Being transformed by the love of Jesus allows the peace of Christ r_______.
“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. And let the message of Christ dwell among you richly,…” Col.3:15,16.
Small Group Questions:
1. What is the first memory you have of having a personal relationship with Jesus?
2. How do you set your heart on things above? How do you set your mind on things above?
3. How have you died, with your life now being hidden in Christ? Col. 3:3
4. In what ways have you put to death your earthly nature and rid yourself of sin?
5. What kind of wardrobe are you wearing as God’s chosen people? Col. 3:12-14
6. How do you let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts? Col. 3:15
7. What are three things you are most thankful for? Col. 3:15
8. What is your favorite hymn, song, spiritual song? Col. 3:16
9. How does Sunday worship bless your heart? Col. 3:17