July 8, 2018
ACTS OF FAITH AND PROCLAMATION
“Disagreements, Division and Devotion"
1. Included in spreading the gospel is the ongoing task of d_____________.
“Some time later Paul said to Barnabas, “Let’s go back and visit the believers in all the towns where we preached the word of the Lord and see how they are doing.” Acts 15:36
2. Barnabas and Paul had sharp disagreements that leads to d__________.
“Barnabas wanted to take John, also called Mark, with them, but Paul did not think it wise to take him, because he had deserted them in Pamphylia and had not continued with them in their work.” Acts 15:37
3. Conflict is often stoked by issues below the surface that are d__________.
“They had such a sharp disagreement that they parted company.” Acts 15:38
4. Rules for Conflict:
Always respect your adversary as God’s image bearer
Allow the words of scripture to guide your d____________.
Carefully and prayerfully invite others into your d____________.
Let your vision and your mission give you constant d____________.
5. Division can multiply Gods Kingdom and magnify your d____________.
“Barnabas took Mark and sailed for Cyprus, but Paul chose Silas and left, commended by the believers to the grace of the Lord. He went through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches.” Acts 15:39-41
Small group Questions
1. How are you doing in glorifying God and Growing in Christ?
2. Where have you experienced disagreements that lead to division?
3. Give an example of deeper issues in life, fueling conflict above the surface?
4. How should we as followers of Jesus engage in conflict?
5. What are good things that come out of disagreements and division?
6. What is the vision and mission that constantly needs to direct us?