May 27, 2018
BELLS Series - The Five Habits of Highly Missional People
Matthew 7:13-27 NIV
BELLS = Bless Eat Listen LEARN Sent
1. Learn Christ through Friendship and R______________.
“Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible Tells me so!”
“What a friend we have in Jesus.”
2. Learn Christ as your Savior and R____________.
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.” Matthew 7:7,8.
3. Learn Christ as teacher and R________.
“Not Everyone who says to me, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, “Lord, Lord did we not prophecy in your name and in your name drive out demons, and in your name perform many miracles? Then I will tell them plainly, “I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!” Matthew 7:21-23
“Therefore, everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” Matthew 7:24
Read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, regularly.
The Challenge of Jesus; Rediscovering who Jesus Was and Is: N.T. Wright
Simply Jesus: N.T. Wright
The Jesus I Never Knew: Philip Yancey
Think Like Jesus: George Barna
4. Learn Christ as my Master, Lord and R________.
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
Small Group Questions:
1. What are your first memories of learning Jesus?
2. How would you say you know Jesus best:
a) as a spiritual relational friend
b) as your redeemer
c) as your teacher and Rabbi
d) as Master, Lord and Ruler
3. What teachings of Jesus bless you most?
4. What teachings of Jesus challenge you most?
5. How do the teachings of Jesus draw you closer to others?
6. Which teachings of Jesus draw you closer to your Father in heaven?
7. What concrete step will you do to grow in Learning Christ this week?