May 6, 2018
BELLS Series - The Five Habits of Highly Missional People
1. God calls Abram and Sarai out from curses and b____________.
Barrenness means hopelessness
Asked to leave the security of home
Asked to leave the safety of what’s known.
2. God promises Abram 5 b__________, making him a b__________.
i) I will make you into a great nation,
ii) I will bless you
iii) I will make your name great a) You will be a blessing
iv) I will bless those who bless you
v) I will curse those who curse you b) All People on earth will be blessed through you.
3. Sarai’s b________ was noticed in Egypt, where Abram was later b________.
Egypt was fertile, influential, wealthy and boastful.
The Great Pyramids of Giza were built 2560 – 2540 B.C.
Abraham was born 2166 B.C. moved to Canaan 2091 B.C.
Isaac, Jacob and Joseph were all influenced by Egypt as was Moses.
4. On his ascension, Jesus raised his hands and b___________ his disciples.
He was crucified, dead and buried, and was raised from the dead.
Jesus freed us from the curse of sin and offered us forgiveness of sins.
Acts 3:26; when God raised up his servant, he sent him first to bless you.
A Blessing means being raised out of Egypt, freed from our house of b__________.
5. First Habit of highly Missional People is to b________ others.
You can bless people through words of affirmation
You can bless people through acts of Kindness
You can bless people through the giving of gifts.
Habit #1. Intentionally bless 3 people this week, one of whom not part of church.
Small Group Questions:
1. Can you think of a time when you felt unfruitful, unsafe and insecure?
2. List the ways have you experienced God’s blessing in your life?
3. What are examples of perceived blessings that turn out to be harmful?
4. List ways you experience blessings of Jesus as he reigns in heaven now?
5. Who has blessed you most in your life and how?
6. Can you think of a time when someone blessed you, out of the blue?
7. How will you intentionally bless three people in the week to come?
8. How can you make this a weekly habit to build on?