April 1, 2018
“Go and Tell Them”
1a. Mary told Peter and John, “They have taken the Lord out of the tomb.”
1b. Peter and John came running and found strips of linen where he lay.
The physical evidence of strips of clothes left behind bear witness.
2a. Weeping, Mary goes in and sees two angels who ask; “Women, why are you crying?”
2b. Mary told the angels, they have taken my Lord away, and I don’t know where.
Celestial Beings bear witness in an empty tomb.
3a. Thinking he was the gardener, he asked Mary “Woman, why are you crying?”
3b. Mary said; “tell me where you have carried him, and I will get him.”
Jesus reveals himself to Mary, witnessing his own resurrection.
4a. Then Jesus said to her: “Mary.” She turned and said “Rabboni!” meaning teacher.
4b. “Go and tell my brothers, I am ascending to my Father and Your Father.”
Jesus bears witness of his resurrection, calling us by name as children of God.
Small Group Questions
1. Is there a grave stone that you ever visit in a cemetery?
2. What items, memento’s, or pictures do you have of loved ones who have died?
3. Have you ever seen angel, or known anyone who has encountered angels?
4. Can you think of a time when you mistook someone’s identity?
5. Do you remember the first time Jesus revealed himself to you personally?
6. How have you experienced yourself as a child of God, belonging to his family?
7. Where have you told others about Jesus as the risen Lord?