August 12, 2018
ACTS OF FAITH AND PROCLAMATION
“Promise and Fulfillment”
Acts 17:10-15 NIV
1. Of the 66 books in the Bible, which book is your most f__________?
____ Old Testament Narrative Stories ____ Proverbs and Wisdom Literature
____ The book of Prayer in 150 Psalms ____ Major and Minor Prophets
____ Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke & John ____ Letters of Paul, Peter and John
____ Apocalyptic Book of Revelation
2. Paul took his good news to Synagogues, like f_________ garden plot.
Philippi: No Synagogue: Acts 16:13
Thessalonica Synagogue: Acts 17:1 Berean Synagogue: Acts 17:10
Athenian Synagogue: Acts 17:17 Corinthian Synagogue: Acts 18:4
3. The Barean’s received Paul’s message with eagerness and f_______.
Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph, Moses, burning bush, 10 plagues, deliverance, 40 years wilderness, Promised land,
Samuel, David, Solomon, the Temple, Jesus of Nazareth, crucified, buried, resurrected.
“For they received the message with great eagerness
and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.” Acts 17:11
4. The Scriptures have the power of transformation through f_______ in Jesus
“As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.” Acts 17:12
Scriptures are also used to keep people out through f______.
“But when the Jews in Thessalonica learned that Paul was preaching the word of God in Berea,
some of them went there too, agitating the crowds and stirring them up.” Acts 17:13
5. Evidence of The Holy Spirit comes in Paul’s f_____________ and letters.
Philippians 1:3-11 I Thessalonians 1: 2-7 I Corinthians 1:1-9
II Thessalonians 1:3,4.
6. Read scriptures looking for God’s promises and f____________ in your life.
Develop a daily devotional pattern
Read the Bible with your children and f________.
Join a cluster group, bible study group, f______-_________, small group
Come to worship each Sunday again and become part of our f___________.
Small Group Questions
1. What’s your favorite movie? Television Show? Sports team?
2. What’s your favorite Book of the Bible and your favorite translation?
3. What Old Testament stories do you know that point to Jesus as Messiah?
4. What is your favorite Old Testament story?
5. What was the best small group or bible study you were part of?
6. How have you found the bible transforming your life and faith in Jesus?
7. Which of Paul’s letters do you like the most?
8. What do you find fulfilling about devotions and reading scripture?