February 3, 2019
“Gifted to Serve”
I Peter 4:7-11 NIV
“Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude,
because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin…” 1Peter 4:1
There is an urgency that comes with suffering and p_____________.
“The end of all things is near.” 1 Peter 4:7
“But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the suffering of Christ…” 1 Peter 4:13
1. Be alert and of sober mind so that you may p______.
“Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.” 1 Peter 4:7
2. Love each other deeply, as love covers over a multitude of sins.
“Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.” 1 Peter 4:8
3. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling, but with p___________.
“Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.” 1 Peter 4:9
4. Use your gifts to serve others with the strength God p___________.
“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others,
as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” 1 Peter 4:10
5. When you speak, speak the very words of God, in p______________.
“If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God.” 1 Peter 4:11
So that in all things God may be p__________.
“So that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.
To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.” 1 Peter 4:11
Small Group Questions:
1. How close do you think we are to Christ’s return?
2. How do you think Christians are suffering and being persecuted today?
3. When do you find yourself praying for Christ to return?
4. Can you think of actions that would cover a multitude of sins?
5. What would it take for us to “love each other deeply?”
6. What could you do to practice the gift of hospitality to others?
7. What kind of gifts do you have to serve others?
8. What would you understand to be “words of God,” spoken to others?