July 15, 2018
ACTS OF FAITH AND PROCLAMATION
“Mentored for Ministry”
1. As a pharisee, Paul understood what it meant to be T___________.
Talmid = a Torah Scholar Talmid = disciples of the Rabbi
2. On his second time through, Paul meets a disciple named T_________.
“Paul came to Derbe and then to Lystra, where a disciple named Timothy lived, whose mother was Jewish and a believer but whose father was Greek. Acts 16:1,2.
3. Timothy verified commitment, by being circumcised and added to the t_______.
“Paul wanted to take him along on the journey, so he circumcised him because of the Jews who lived in that area, for they all knew that his father was a Greek. Acts 16:3
4. How is the church discipling students and one another t________?
Pointing to a personal savior, t__________ and Lord.
Encouraging family devotions around your t________.
Being intentional in Children’s Ministry and Youth T__________.
Joining a t______, an accountability group, a cluster group, or small group.
Who are you investing in and growing a spirit of t______.
5. Paul poured his t_______ into Timothy during the rest of his earthly mission.
Co-authored 6 letters: 2 Corinthians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Thessalonians, Philemon.
Wrote two letters, I and II Timothy directly to his Talmidim; 2 Timothy 3:13-17
Paul personally seeks to fan into flame the gift of God in Timothy; 2 Timothy 1:6,7.
Timothy is publicly affirmed in Philippians 2:19-22.
Paul asks Timothy to visit him in Rome while imprisoned; 2 Timothy 4:9,21.
Small Group Questions
1. Who was most influential in growing your faith in Jesus Christ?
2. Read 2 Timothy 3:14-17; How did you come to scriptures?
3. What would you consider as evidence of following Jesus?
4. Where could the church do a better job in mentoring members?
5. Where could the church do a better job in sharing the mission of the gospel?
6. What intentional steps are you taking to strengthen your faith?
7. What intentional steps are you taking in strengthening someone else’s faith?
8. Who are the people that you have entrusted with the good news of Jesus?