March 18, 2018
THE SEVEN LAST WORDS OF CHRIST
Mark 12:33-36; John 19:28,29.
1. “Later,” has Jesus parched, descending into the darkness of h______.
“At the sixth hour (12 noon) darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour…
One man ran, filled a sponge with wine and vinegar, put it on a stick,
and offered it to Jesus to drink.” Mark 15:33-36
2. Knowing “that all was now completed and scripture fulfilled” gave Jesus h______.
“But you, O Lord, be not far off; O my strength, come quickly to help me.
Deliver my life form the sword, my precious life from the power of the dogs.
Rescue me from the mouth of the lions; save me from the horns of the wild oxen.
I will declare your name to my brothers; in the congregation I will praise you.” Psalm 22:19-22
3. Jesus said, “I am thirsty,” yearning for God’s h______ presence.
“As a deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for God, for the living God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?” Psalm 42:1,2
4. Jesus reveals himself as living water who quenches our h_________ sacred thirst.
“Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,
but Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.
Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:13,14
Small Group Questions
1. What is the thirstiest you have ever been?
2. What would you describe as “hell on earth?”
3. What is the hardest thing you have ever had to experience?
4. What are some of the ways your soul thirsts for God?
5. How does Jesus quench your soul’s thirst for the living God?
6. What kind of things would help us drink from Christ’s living water?