January 13, 2019
MESSAGES FROM JOHN MARK
“Baptized by the Holy Spirit”
Sermon Outline and Questions:
1. The gospel of Mark begins with John the Baptist preparing the w______.
“The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God,…” Mark 1:1
John the Baptist, Peter and John Mark served as w____________ to the good news.
2. Listen to the voice coming from the w________________.
“A voice of one calling in the wilderness, prepare the way for the Lord,…” Isaiah 40:3
“And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness,…” Mark 1:4
“At once the Spirit of sent him out into the wilderness,…” Vs. 12
“And he was in the wilderness forty days, being tempted by Satan.” Vs. 13
When have you heard the voice of the Lord, in your wilderness journey?
3. John came baptizing repentance and forgiveness, in the Jordan with w_________, but he would come baptizing with the
“After me comes the one more powerful than I, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie.
I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.” Mark 1:7,8.
How often are you able to w___________ Jesus with wonder and awe?
4. Jesus was anointed by the Holy Spirit, hearing the voice of his Father in heaven saying;
“You are my son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.” Mark 1:11
Have you received your anointing of the Holy Spirit with those same w__________?
It is harder to resist temptation out of anger and fear, than w_________ in God’s favor.
5. Jesus was anointed into his ministry, beginning forty months of w___________.
There is a cloud that leads by day and a pillar of fire that follows at night.
God both leads you and follows, even when you are not following him.
“He was with the wild animals, and the angels attended him.” Mark 1:13
Get to know Jesus better, following his teachings and w________.
Like John the Baptist, and Peter and John Mark, you will be his w___________.