February 24, 2019
MESSAGES FROM JOHN MARK
“Forgiveness and Healing”
Mark 2:1-12 NIV
Sermon Outline and Questions:
1. Jesus made the village of Capernaum his f_______ home.
“A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum,
the people heard that he had come home.” Mark 2:1
Where do you call home?
2. Four f________ carried a paralyzed man, f_________ their way through the roof.
“they made an opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it
and then lowered the mat the man was lying on.” Mark 2:4
Which of your four friends would have lowered you through the roof to see Jesus?
3. When Jesus saw their f______ he said; “Son, your sins are f__________!”
Response: Who can forgive sins but God alone?
Rebuttal: “The Son of Man has authority to forgive sins.”
F_________________: Jesus’s claim as Messiah and Son of Man in Mark 14:62.
Have you experienced Christ’s forgiveness?
“Again the High priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”
“I am,” said Jesus, “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand
of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.” Mark 14:61,62.
4. Jesus told paralyzed man to take up his mat and walk and left in f____ view.
“I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.”
He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all.” Mark 2:12
Has the healing power of Jesus given you the strength to forgive others?
5. This amazed everyone, and praised God, as something f_____ and unfamiliar.
“This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying
“We have never seen anything like this!” Mark 2:12
How does the good news of Jesus still amaze you today?