10. The surrounding vineyards, apple orchards, peach trees, strawberry patches, cherry blossoms, and fruit trees of all kinds, especially during the blossoms of spring, and the time of harvest. We have never tasted more sweet and succulent peaches than those that are fresh of the branch.
9. Playing nine holes of golf at Sawmill Golf Course, and finishing with a beer during those days when light stretches past eight p.m.
8. Parking the car at Super Store and climbing up the Niagara Escarpment, along forty mile creek, through the forest and up to Beamers Conversation area, underneath the canopy of massive trees and standing out looking over Lake Ontario at Toronto to the North, and Niagara Falls to the East.
7. The accessibility of droppies and sprinkles at the Dutch Store and soft vanilla ice cream cones at Monks Chocolate.
6. Niagara Falls being twenty-five minutes away and floating on the Horn Blower or Maid of the Mist, with all “those tourists,” seeing the wall of water before you, kicking up a wind that soaks your face and in front of the roar stand in awe of God’s power.
5. Taking a leisurely stroll along a well-groomed path between back porches of Grimsby Beach homes and Lake Ontario, and sitting on one of the benches, enjoying the ambiance of cottage life removed from the hustle and bustle of the QEW.
4. Swimming at my own private beach off Morrison Crescent, in the cool, clean, refreshing waters of Lake Ontario. I can finally now share my secret and open that swimming hole for all to visit. I consider it to be one of the best kept secrets in all of Grimsby.
3. Worshiping each Sunday again in Mountainview’s Sanctuary, with so many people loved by God, who have indeed, become friends.
2. Walking along Forty Mile Creek, down to the Pump House and back, especially during the month of May, when the Warblers are coming through in spring plumage.
1. Living at 3 Stone Gate Drive. We have been blessed with a spirit of contentedness and peace in our place of rest. By the way, do you know anyone who is looking for a very nice home?